Friday, September 14, 2018

DiEduardo Divas Favorite Pasta Salad

Hurricane Florence is underway and is heading our way.  So, I thought I'd prepare one of our favorite pasta salads to snack on in the event we lose power and/or are stuck in the house for any number of hours or days.

I'm not a fan of ranch and most pasta salads use ranch as their base.  I did tons of research about 10 years ago when I was asked to bring a pasta salad to a family Christmas lunch and found the BEST PASTA SALAD.  Everyone loved it and I was so excited!  My uncle asked if he could take home the leftovers.  Now it's become a staple that I bring to picnics, family gatherings, and make for the girls to take for lunch at school.

It's super simple and doesn't require a ton of ingredients which is awesome!  And children love it because there aren't a ton of ingredients they don't like and have to pick out.

INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) package of macaroni farfalle pasta (I substituted bow tie pasta)
1/2 cup mayonniase
1 cup cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 cup diced ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.

In a large bowl, combine the pasta, mayonnaise and mix well. 


Stir in cucumber, onion, ham and cheese.  Mix well.


Drizzle oil and vinegar over top and toss.  Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.



So yummy!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment