This Johnsonville Zesty Italian Sausage has quickly become a family favorite and makes enough for at least 5-7 servings, if not more. When I was pregnant with Bailey we made this meal once a week and it was known that I would get to eat all of the leftovers. I love it so much and my girls do too, and they are semi-picky eaters. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Ingredients (the way we like it):
1 package of Italian Mild Sausage links (I've found that the Publix version is less spicy which is perfect for my girls)
3/4 package of angel hair pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can (14.5 oz) Italian diced tomatoes
1 can (10 1/4 oz) chicken broth
2 cups broccoli chopped
1. Remove casing from sausage and cut into one inch pieces. Cook all the way through until brown. Remove sausage and keep warm.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. In a large sauce pan, saute the onion in olive oil until tender, about 2 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and saute an additional 2 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
We always sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bon appetit!