Friday, December 9, 2011

Thanksgiving - A Happy Heart

We had my my mom's side of the fam over for Thanksgiving.  We have hosting Thanksgiving at our house ever since my grandmother passed away in 2007.  It makes my heart happy to be able to carry on her recipes and see everyone enjoying the delicious food we've grown to love throughout the years.  It also makes my heart happy to see everyone commenting on how similar it tastes to the way Granma made it.  I know she would be proud and that makes my heart even happier!


My brother and my mom weren't able to join us this year.  My mom was w/ her hubby's fam in New York and my brother was w/ my dad's side of the fam.  We definitely missed them but enjoyed those who could make it.  Our family has grown over the past few years and now there are three kiddos running around, playing and giggling.  That made my heart happy and I knew that my Granma and Granddaddy were looking down smiling.  As I thought about what I was thankful for this year it was more blessings than I could count.  And my heart is full and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment