Monday, January 17, 2011

Busy Week

We've had a super busy week this past week.  Last Sunday, we ALL went to church for the first time.  Kyle and I have gone several times since Stella was born but Kyle's parents have always watched her.  We've never left Stella alone w/ anyone other than my mother or Kyle's parents so taking her to church and leaving her in the nursery was a huge deal for me and for us.  However, after a lot of thinking and a lot of praying about it, I knew it was time.  Time for me to put my big girl panties on and trust God.  I knew that she would be okay and I knew that she would be in good hands. Sure enough she cried when we left but Kyle went back in (snuck back in, I guess I should say, so she wouldn't see him) and she wasn't crying and she was playing w/ the other children.  Whew, what a huge relief!  I know the more we go the easier it will be now.  And this will be such a wonderful thing for all of us!

Last Monday it snowed...A LOT!  It was so pretty to wake up to a beautiful, winter wonderland!  We had a yummy breakfast, bundled up in all of our layers and went outside to "play in the snow".  Check out our cute lil snow bunny!
 Here's Stella and Daddy playing in the street w/ our awesome neighbors.  Later Monday evening we all got together for a Mexican fiesta.  We are truly blessed to be friends and neighbors w/ these great people.  

Daddy's lil girls - Jeremy & Miriam and Kyle & Stella.  So sweet!
Kyle sure does love his girls!
The snow stuck around for a few days so we chilled in the house, played games, read books and by the end of day 3 in the house we were a lil stir crazy!  Thank goodness the snow began to melt and we could go back to our normal routine.

On Friday, I went away for a Girls Weekend w/ my MXB's.  This was a MAJOR milestone for me as this was the first time I've ever left Stella overnight.  However, I was finally comfortable and ready for a much needed, relaxing weekend w/ my girls.  I trust Kyle more than anyone else and I knew that he would take good care of Stella and that she would enjoy special alone time w/ her daddy.  Kyle sent me about 5 pics of Stella a day so I could see her sweet lil face.  Thank goodness for those pics!!  They made my day and it looked like she was having a great time so I didn't worry a single bit...and I had a blast w/ my girlfriends.  It was a fabulous weekend and on Sunday I was so ready to get home to my sweet lil family.

Whew - what an incredibly busy, but amazing week we've had!  Looking forward to another busy week and hopefully a less busy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I so remember the first time leaving Sadie in the church nursery. I felt the same way! Then the first overnight trip was hard, too! Looks like Stella loved the snow! So fun!

    Edamame... oh, I love it so much! It is one of my favorite things! You can get it anywhere-- grocery stores, I mean. I buy it frozen and then steam it in the microwave. I usually put it in a pyrex dish with the lid on with about 1/8 cup of water in it. And I sprinkle it with some salt or sea salt. Then microwave for about 5 minutes. You can buy it shelled, too... but I like it in the shells for some reason! :)