Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stella Turns 2!

Last week our sweet baby girl turned 2 years old!  Seriously where does the time go?!  I remember like it was yesterday that she was just learning to crawl...I remember just yesterday she was learning to walk...I remember just yesterday she was saying mama for the first time.  Now our sweet little girl is running around, saying complete sentences, saying her ABC's and 123's and counting her colors.  I guess the old saying is true - time flies when you're having fun!

I saw this balloon idea on Pinterest and I wanted to try it for Stella's birthday.  She loves balloons so I knew she would enjoy waking up to lots of them tied to her bed.  Indeed she did and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more - me or her.  It was the sweetest sound hearing her through the monitor naming all of the colors she saw and then squeal w/ delight.

 We decided to get her a table and chairs set for her birthday that she can use for "Arts & Crafts Time" as well as snack time.  She loved it!
 And one last little sercie - a Fresh Beat Band activity book w/ stickers included.  This was one happy little girl!

 I purchased a Fresh Beat Band tshirt for her to wear on her bday however, they sent the wrong size.  After an email and fingers crossed they resent a new one in her size so we got to wear matching shirts on her special day! HA!

I'm not sure I can sum up into words how special this sweet little girl is or how big my love for her is.  It's indescribable.  I found a quote that comes pretty close though...
"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you.  After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."

This quote also makes my heart smile...
"I am your PARENT, you are my CHILD
I am your QUIET PLACE, you are my WILD


I am your CALM FACE, you are my GIGGLE
I am your WAIT, you are my WIGGLE


I am your DINNER, you are my CHOCOLATE CAKE
I am your BEDTIME, you are my WIDE AWAKE


I am your LULLABY, you are my PEEKABOO
I am your GOODNIGHT KISS, you are my I LOVE YOU"

Another quote that comes to mind is one from my fave movie - "Steel Magnolias"..."I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."
My sweet Stella, I have been blessed w/ 2 YEARS of wonderful!  You make me laugh, smile and giggle.  You make my heart full.  I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you.  You continue to amaze us every day and we love you more than words can say.  Happy Birthday, Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment