Thursday, March 8, 2018

Nashville and CMA's Recap

Today I'm doing a #tbt of our November 2017 trip to Nashville.  Y'all, this trip was a once in a lifetime event and I'm forever grateful that we were even able to go!  As I laid in the hospital bed (due to my seizure/cavernous malformation) on Friday, November 3 and Saturday, November 4, we didn't know if heading to Nashville and the CMA's were going to be an option.  We were scheduled to leave on Tuesday, November 7 and when my neurosurgeon mentioned we could go, I literally cried tears of joy!  We had been planning this awesome trip with two other couples for a while and what a trip of a lifetime it was.

As planned, we headed out (by car, thank goodness we chose not to fly because I wouldn't have been able to due to my cavernous malformation bleed) and the journey to Nashville began.  We stayed at Playlist Properties which was awesome and within walking distance to great restaurants, bars, and the infamous Ryman Auditorium.  Tuesday evening we grabbed a quick dinner at Pucketts and headed to The Ryman for some good ol' fashioned country music.  We saw Pam Tillis, Terri Clark, Suzy Bogguss, and Charlie Daniels and let me tell you - this was epic!  How cool to see musicians I grew up listening to!?  It was this night that I learned my hearing and vision had been affected by my seizure.  I was able to wear my sunglasses and get some toilet tissue to plug my ears for the show, however, the next day Kyle got me some awesome earplugs.














Wednesday was the BIG day - the CMA's!  We grabbed brunch, strolled the streets of "downtown Nashville", and I found the cutest cowboy while shopping.


Then, it was time to get dressed in our best for the 51st Annual CMA Awards.  We were able to score tickets thanks to Kyle's awesome client who had a connection to Nashville and the music industry.





Talk about AH-mazing seats!  We felt like stars and I think we looked like them too.



After the most amazing show ever, we decided to act like celebs and take pics right in front of the stage.




After the show, we walked across the street to Legends Corner and there were stars performing in the bar.  How cool is that?!  We waited to see if we could see anyone famous and then this cutie came by.  Oh, hey Dustin Lynch!  We saw Big & Rich also!


Since the loud noise bothered me and I was unable to partake in adult beverages, Kyle and I decided to walk to the FGL bar where we knew there was a private party.  We had heard Jason Aldean was on the list to attend, and he's my all-time favorite.  We obviously weren't on the list but Kyle said "play cool and we'll see if we can get in."  Um, what?!  While we weren't on the list, we sure looked the part and lo and behold, the lady let us in!!!  Talk about a rush!  We were SO excited and walked in with our heads held high.  We took pics in the swanky space and were in awe that we were at the Big Machine after party!  Talk about an amazing evening!  Definitely a night to remember!

 





The next day we headed to Bartaco, a trendy Mexican restaurant in Nashville.  While dining, we discovered Luke Pell, one of the guys from The Bachelorette, was sitting a few tables over.  Of course, we had to get our pic with him.  He happily obliged and was a super nice guy!


We walked around and did a little shopping in The Gulch and surrounding areas that afternoon.




That evening, we headed to a really cool restaurant called Virago.  This place was SO delicious with Asian food and fun cocktails (for my friends and hubby to enjoy)!  Definitely recommend this place!


On Friday, we decided to use our free passes to the Country Music Hall of Fame and become tourists.  While I had been to the Hall of Fame before, I was excited to go again and share the experience with Kyle and Erica.  There are so many cool things to see and they had a few updated displays as well.





Friday evening we dined at The Southern Steak & Oyster and each of our entrees was on point and delicious.  I highly recommend this restaurant if you're ever in Nashville!



We called it an early night and headed back home on Saturday.


If you're thinking about taking a trip to Nashville, I strongly encourage it!  You will not be disappointed.  There's so much to do in this wonderful city and now that I've been twice, I can't wait to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment