Monday, March 19, 2018

Surprise...We're going on the Disney Cruise!

Kyle and I have been itching to tell the girls for SO long that we're going on the Disney Cruise for Spring Break!  And we finally surprised them on Saturday.  To say they were excited is an understatement!

We've been to Disney World and did a scavenger hunt surprise to tell them and we've gone on the Disney Cruise two years ago and did another fun surprise.  This time I wanted to do something a little different, I wanted to do balloons in a box that they would have to unwrap.  It turned out perfectly!  They had no idea what was in the box and to see their expression was priceless!  



Inside the box I included a "B" and "S" letters along with Minnie ears and a countdown.




One of my favorite things included in the Disney surprise was the countdown.  I created this two years ago for our Disney Cruise trip and it was magical.  Young children have a difficult time realizing the concept of time.  I didn't want them to ask each day "When are we going on the Disney Cruise?" so the timeline helps them realize we have to do each activity before we get to go.  These are simple activities and don't have to be too complex.  Tonight we get to "eat spaghetti like Lady & The Tramp".


I also love that there are three Disney Gift Days on the countdown.  These will include an adorable Beauty and the Beast smocked dress that they can wear on the cruise, a Disney Cruise Journal from Amazon (they're really enjoying writing these days so I know they'll love these!), and a Disney Junior Encyclopedia from Amazon.  This darling book is going to be what they use to get autographs on our trip.  I saw this on Pinterest and I thought "what a fabulous idea!!"  We've done the autograph book with colorful pages and we've done the photo mat for autographs so I knew I wanted to find something different that we haven't done.  My girls LOVE books and I know they will treasure this special keepsake for many years.  And they'll have all of their favorite character's autographs in it as well.  Score!  

So, let the countdown to our Disney Cruise begin!  We can't wait to see Mickey, Minnie and all of their friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment