Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Five Favorite Family Recipes

"The family that eats together, stays together!"  One of the things Kyle and I swore we would do when we had children was eat together as a family.  So many people don't do that anymore because our lives are so hectic and we're always on the go.  But, we've vowed to make a conscious effort to eat together as a family as much as possible and we've done pretty well with it.

When cooking meals, I want to make sure I make meals that everyone will enjoy.  And when you have a picky 5 year old, sometimes that can be difficult.  Especially when she searches thru a soup to see if you included onions.  Sheesh!  Here are five recipes that our entire family enjoys and I hope you will too!


First up is the infamous PASTA FAGIOLI.  Like all of these recipes, I found them on Pinterest and have linked the source for each one.  My girls LOVE this hardy soup and my Italian hubby enjoys it as well.  I tweak it just a tad and use ground turkey instead of ground beef, I omit the celery (because I'm not a fan and I know that's just one more "thing" that Bailey will have to pick out too) and I do about 1/2 - 3/4 of the spices it calls for.  Be sure to top it with grated Parmesan cheese and you can even serve it with a salad.


These QUICHE CUPS are for me and Kyle.  We needed something quick and easy in the mornings, but something that was nutritious and not loaded with carbs.  I tweak these depending on what fresh veggies I have in the fridge.  I've made them with broccoli and mushrooms, spinach and mushrooms, spinach and sausage.  Definitely make them to your liking and add whatever you've got on hand.  I do not recommend using frozen veggies as it didn't taste as fresh.  We put these in the fridge and grab and go as needed during the week.


As you probably know, my favorite saying is "love you more than tacos" and I use that hashtag quite often because, well, I love tacos.  Honestly, I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!  I love that this TACO PIZZA is a nice alternative to tacos and my girls are obsessed with it!!  I tweak this recipe just a tad and use ground turkey instead of ground beef, and I cut this recipe in half but cook the entire pound of ground turkey but only use half for the pizza.  The other half of the meat I save for taco salads for me during the week.  Again, I can't rave enough about this quick, easy, meal that the whole family is sure to enjoy!


Another family favorite is this LEMON CHICKEN PASTA from Lil Luna.  Talk about simple, easy, and delish!  My girls request this tasty dish all the time and of course it makes my pasta-loving hubby happy as well.


Now to wow the crowd, you definitely need to try out this delicious HONEY HAM GLAZE recipe from thedisneydiner.com.  I make this about 4-5 times a year and everyone raves over it.  Y'all, this is super easy and oh, so yummy!  It's an Easter Sunday must and definitely a Sunday evening favorite.  I made it this Sunday and we have tons leftover that the girls can take for school lunches.  Winning!

Hope you'll try a few of these recipes and your family enjoys them as much as we do!  Let me know your family favorites too.  We're always up for trying new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment